Tuesday, March 9, 2010

To Love...Sincerely, Me

Well, hello!
Is that you there?
Hiding on your own?
Why don’t you come out and shake my hand,
better yet, give me a hug?
It’s been so long since you’ve shown your face around here.
You’ve been missed sorely dear.
It seemed so cold and lonely when you were away.
Yet, I never noticed the warmth before you left.
Its funny how that happens, isn’t it?
You never know what you’re missing,
till it leaves you standing, wondering
where you went wrong.
But you’ve come back, and I do hope it’s to stay,
I swear I’ll realize what I have this time,
I won’t take advantage; at least I’ll try not to.
Please love, give me another chance,
to treat you right, to cherish you.
You deserve everything I have to give,
I was selfish last time you came my way.
I’ve changed I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment