Saturday, February 6, 2010

The First Page

The blank page stares at me.

Crisp. Clean.

Taunting with its perfection

whispering, "Put your pen to me.

Mar my surface with your impure thoughts.

Your failed attempts at imagery, to be deep,

meaningful. Scribble your life away!

Keep trying to find the perfect words, but only being able to

WRITE. CROSS OUT. WRITE

Cover me with your blasphemous ideals,

your inadequacy, your pain.

Write what ever you will across this first page,

because the first time is always the hardest.

Once you get past me, possibilities are endless."

I glance down, after too many wrong words,

only 3 remain

I Loved You...

I smile, close the book, my journey can begin another day.

The first page is always the hardest.

Now that I've conquered it, I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment