Sunday, February 21, 2010

Missing You

I don’t miss you.
The way you judged me, laughed at my dreams.
The way you belittled me, made me feel worthless.
I don’t miss the fighting,
the crying and spending nights wondering where you were;
hoping you’d come home.
I don’t miss your drunken rants,
your control over me.
I miss the nights we spent,
in bed, needing nothing but the two of us.
I miss having someone to hold me when I cry,
celebrate with me when I’m happy,
and do nothing with me when it’s just that kind of day.
I miss waking up next to someone every morning,
and hearing “I love you” right before I fall asleep.
I miss sleeping in the safety of someone’s arms,
where nothing could ever touch me.
But most of all I just miss knowing that someone was there.
No matter when or why, if I needed you-
You were there.
That’s what I miss, 
but we’ll never go back to that.
You’re not the person I knew and loved
and one day I hope you can reclaim him.

No comments:

Post a Comment